Syncsort Updates Change Data Capture for Mainframe Integration to Data Lake
DMX Change Data Capture Simplifies and Speeds Continuous Delivery of Fresh Big Iron Data for Real-Time Business Insights
Syncsort, a global leader in data liberation, integrity and integration solutions for next-generation analytics, today announced new capabilities in its unrivaled mainframe data access and integration solution that continuously, quickly and efficiently populates Hadoop data lakes with changes in mainframe data.
The new DMX Change Data Capture (DMX CDC) functionality delivers real-time data replication that enables organizations to continually keep Hadoop data in sync with changes made on the mainframe, and consistently make the most current Big Data information available in the Hadoop data lake for analytics.
“Many organizations are using our industry-leading big data integration solution, DMX-h, to quickly and efficiently populate their data lakes with enterprise-wide data, including complex data from the mainframe for a variety of use cases, such as Hadoop as a Service, Data as a Service, data archive in the Cloud, fraud detection, anti-money laundering and Customer 360,” said Tendü Yoğurtçu, Chief Technology Officer, Syncsort. “After populating the data lake, it is very important to keep that data fresh to power real-time analytics and accurate decisions based on up-to-date information. Our new CDC offering provides our customers with an easy-to-use, highly efficient solution for ensuring the data lake is refreshed in real-time with the incremental updates, while meeting SLAs and conserving network resources.”
Syncsort already is in many large production deployments for accessing data from traditional enterprise systems and integrating it with Hadoop, including DataFunnel, its single-click solution for populating the data lake data from thousands of tables and automatically creating the corresponding metadata in Hadoop.
The new CDC capabilities extend this with real-time data replication, reducing the network load and providing up-to-the-minute mainframe data for analytics by:
- Speeding and simplifying the process of synchronizing mainframe data with Hadoop, on-premise or in the cloud
- Saving time and resources using the DMX-h GUI and dynamic optimizations, which eliminates the need for coding and tuning
- Eliminating impact on mainframe database performance by avoiding database triggers
- Affording reliable data transfer – even during loss of mainframe to Hadoop connections or Hadoop cluster failures – picking-up where the transfer stopped without restarting the entire process
- Saving money with virtually no use of chargeable mainframe CPU resources
- Supporting IBM DB2 for z/OS and IBM z/OS VSAM files, with more sources to come
- Enabling queries on most current data via rapid update of Hive table data and statistics
- Handling all enterprise Hive file formats including text, ORC, Avro and Parquet
The combination of all the time savings and low resource utilization with the new CDC facilities also helps organizations meet short SLAs with virtually no impact to MIPS costs.
For more information on the new CDC capabilities, please visit the DMX Change Data Capture page; or listen to our June 27 customer education webcast.
Syncsort is a provider of enterprise software and the global leader in Big Iron to Big Data solutions. As organizations worldwide invest in analytical platforms to power new insights, Syncsort’s innovative and high-performance software harnesses valuable data assets while dramatically reducing the cost of mainframe and legacy systems. Thousands of customers in more than 85 countries, including 87 of the Fortune 100, have trusted Syncsort to move and transform mission-critical data and workloads for nearly 50 years. Now these enterprises look to Syncsort to unleash the power of their most valuable data for advanced analytics. Whether on-premise or in the cloud, Syncsort’s solutions allow customers to chart a path from Big Iron to Big Data. Experience Syncsort at www.syncsort.com.
Director, Corporate Communications